Preparing for Inline pHin Pool Installation
Pool Modifications for pHin Connector
The plumbing installation must meet the following requirements:
- The pHin Monitor has a 1/2” male NPT senor
- The pool piping must have a 1/2” female NPT port with a low profile T so that the pHin sensor extends into the water within the pipe
- The Tee must be positioned so the pHin is mounted upright (sensor end down) at 45° from upright, ensuring that the pHin sensor will remain in the water within the pipe even when the pump is running off
- The pool must operate without pHin attached, so a cap must be provided to seal the port when pHin is not present. This cap must be removable by the end user.
- The pHin sensors from mid-thread (normal insertion) will protrude about 1″ into the pipe, but the actual sensing components will only protrude about a 1/2″. This is the part that needs to be submerged in water (and not in an air gap), even when the pump is off
Installation Location – Accessibility
- The installation location must be accessible to the end user, with enough space to enable installation and removal of the pHin Monitor.
- The pHin Mobile App will not be aware of the specifics of your pool, so the location must be apparent to the typical end user.
Installation Location – Water Flow
- The pHin sensors must always be submerged in water
- If there is a portion of the plumbing that has a near constant flow, such as a UV sanitizer, that is a better mount installation option for pHin.
- Water that is in contact with the pHin Monitor must be refreshed at least every 24 hours
- The pHin Monitor must be installed on the input end of the heater. pHin cannot be installed after the heating element (in the direction of flow)
- The pHin Monitor may be installed on either the input or the output end of the pump.
- Flow past the pHin sensors shall not exceed 190GPM. Water pressure at the pHin sensor shall not exceed 80 PSI (+/-)
- If either flow rate or pressure might exceed these limits, then a bypass/diversion path must be installed
Inline pHin installation Instructions
- Turn off the pool pump
- Remove and stow the storage cap
- Wrap teflon tape on the piping threads where the monitor meets the fitting by wrapping the tape in a clockwise direction 2-3 times. This will seal and secure it in place.
- Screw in the pHin Monitor into the pHin Ready fitting
- Activate the pool pump and check for leaks
- Leave accessories bag and pHin box for the pool owner
- Download the pHin Mobile App
- Sign in and create an account
- Provision pHin to your account, scanning the code on the box, and using the magnet in the accessories bag