Who Collects Your Information On Our Website?
We do. Under the GDPR, ConnectedYard is what is known as the “Controller” of the Personal Data that you provide to us. We collect information from you on the Website, and we are responsible for protection of that information.
Requested Information. On various pages on the Website, we may request specific PII about you in order to register you for an account to use our Services or buy our Products, facilitate your payments for Products, add you to our email list, or fulfill your requests for information. You may choose not to provide your PII, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features of our Website and Services. We only collect basic Personal Data about you that does not include any special types of information (e.g., health-related) as defined in the GDPR. The types of Personal Data we collect and save may include:
- Contact and account registration information such as name, email address, physical address, phone number and business information;
- Financial information such as credit card number, name, CVV code, or date of expiration;
- Information about you as a potential business partner (e.g., retailer, pool tech) that you provide in using our Services, such as information about your customers, their addresses, financial information, and similar content you process through the Services;
- Information you provide such as feedback, comments or other messages;
- Technical information collected in our logs (including standard web log entries that contain your IP address, page URL and timestamp); and
- Identifying device information associated with the browser or device you are using to access the Website or Services such as your device’s unique identifier and associated type of device, operating system, pages or features accessed most frequently, calls and messages placed through the Website or Services, how pages or features of the Services are used, and similar analytics about use of the Website or Services.
- Device Usage Information. If you have purchased a pHin Monitor Product, we may record information about your pool environment through the pHin Monitor through the Services or other networked application. We may also collect PII and non-PII directly through the pHin Monitor device, including information that you input during setup, environmental data collected from the device sensors, direct adjustments you make to the device and other technical data from the device.
- Location Information. Our Products may collect and use your location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device) to provide certain Product functionality.
- Aggregate Information. We may also collect anonymous, non-identifying and aggregate information such as the type of browser you are using, device type, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and your location information when searching for one of our stores.
Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We need to collect your Personal Data so that we can respond to your requests for information and demonstrations or to be added to our emailing lists, to process your requests for purchase of and payment for our Products, and to process your requests for information as a potential retailer or other business partner. We also collect aggregate information to help us better design the Website and Services. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer the Website, calculate usage levels, and otherwise provide services to you.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
A. We use the Personal Data you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it including:
Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your PII to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
Creating and Maintaining User Accounts. We use your PII to create and maintain an account for you to allow you to purchase and use the Products we make available on the Website.
Subscribing To and Paying For Our Services. We use your PII to add your subscriptions to our Services, and process your payment for these Services.
Creating and Maintaining Business Partner Accounts. We use your PII to create and maintain an account for you on the Website if you are a retailer, pool tech or other business partner.
Communicating With You About Our Products. We may use your PII to send you information about new Products and other items that may be of interest to you.
B. We may use anonymous information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Website, and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our Website is used, analyze industry trends, as well as to offer you programs or services.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
- In general, we will not share your Personal Data except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law or as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request, or when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (d) on a confidential basis with persons or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal site operations or as necessary to render the Services or provide the Products. With your knowledge and consent, we may share your Personal Data with our business partners. We may also share aggregate information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations. Finally, we may transfer your Personal Data to our successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy.
Are There Other Ways My Personal Data Could Be Shared?
- Social Network Sharing. You may elect to share certain Personal Data with individuals or with the public via your use of the Website. In this case, you will control such sharing via settings that we provide. For example, the Website may make it possible for you to publicly share information via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. Be aware that when you choose to share information with friends, public officials, or with the public at large, you may be disclosing sensitive information, or information from which sensitive information can be inferred. Always use caution when sharing information through the Website. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any consequences of your sharing of information through and beyond the Website.
How Can You Access and Control Your Information?
A. After registering for an account on the Website, you may log-in to the account and edit your Personal Data in your profile. For instructions on how you can further access your Personal Data that we have collected, or how to correct errors in such information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also promptly stop using your information and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your e-mail request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or removing your information.
B. If you are an EU citizen and believe that we have misused your Personal Data, you have the right to contact the European Data Protection Supervisor (“EDPS”) to ask the EDPS for advice on how to exercise your rights or to ask the EDPS to investigate a complaint. For more information, see EDPS Complaints.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
- After receiving your Personal Data, we will store it on our Website systems for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our service providers’ systems.
- If you are visiting the Website from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be securely stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the USA, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
- We store Personal Data for as long as reasonably required for its purpose or for any additional period required by law (if any). Account information is deleted when you or when we delete your account. We may store information longer for legitimate business reasons (for example, Personal Data may remain in backups for a reasonable period of time), or as legally required. Otherwise, we store your Personal Data until you request us to remove it from our servers. We store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
- To enhance your online experience with us, our web pages may presently or in the future use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. We may use session, persistent, first-party and third-party cookies. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with as much control as you wish as to the decision to accept/reject the cookie, and deletion of the cookie upon leaving our Website. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Website.
- We or our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” embedded links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted email messages for such purposes as compiling aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image (often a single pixel), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors, and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow us and our service providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Website, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our Website and Services. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of the email whether and when the email has been opened.
- As you use the Internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”, can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will only use this information to improve our Website.
- Many modern web browsers give you the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. At this time, the Website and Services do not specifically respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Collection of Information by Others
Our Terms and Conditions document identifies certain third party websites to which we may provide links that you may click on our Website. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites to learn how they collect, use, store and share information that you may submit to them or that they collect.
Children and Young People’s Information
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR, USA Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting Personal Data from minors. Please see the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. If you have concerns about this Website or its Services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Services, or wish to remove your child’s Personal Data from our servers, please contact us at email@example.com. Our Website will not knowingly accept Personal Data from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided PII to us, we will make efforts to delete the child’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you have concerns about this Website or its Services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Services, or wish to remove your child’s Personal Data from our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) of 2018 enhances privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California. Under the CCPA, California residents have the rights to: 1) know what Personal Data are being collected about them; 2) know whether their Personal Data are sold or disclosed, and to whom; 3) say ‘no’ to the sale of their Personal Data; 4) access their Personal Data; and 5) receive equal service and price from businesses, even if after exercising these privacy rights. California law allows California residents to request information regarding our disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any, of their PII to third parties. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include enough detail for us to locate your file; at a minimum, your name, email and username, if any. We will attempt to provide you with the requested information within thirty (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that this law does not cover all information sharing. Our disclosure only includes information covered by the law.
Changes to this Policy
Our Contact Information
Copyright © Hayward. All rights reserved. The Website is the property of Hayward, and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Website, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.